Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Is there an age limit?
- Answer: All participants must be at least 16 years old, no exceptions.
- Question: How long do you need to set up?
- Answer: The Buckeye representative that attends your event will not need to set up in your gymnasium. However, you should have your gym ready to go one hour prior to the start of your event (seating in place, scoreboard and public address system ready, ticket sellers on hand, etc.).
- Question: How long is the show?
- Answer: Our show lasts between 1.5 - 2 hours
- Question: When will the driver arrive?
- Answer: Your Buckeye representative aims to arrive two hours prior to the start of your show, if not earlier.
- Question: Are admission prices the same for students and children?
- Answer: All tickets are the same price for all ages. We do allow children six and under in for free. This is up to your discretion. You may lower the free ticket age but NOT raise
- Question: Do riders have to pay admission?
- Answer: Buckeye does not expect participants or anyone else working the event to pay for admission (ticket takers, MC, scoreboard operator, etc.). However, you may require them to pay for a ticket if you would like. This decision is up to the sponsor.
- Question: Are protective tarps or mats placed on the gym floor?
- Answer: No. We do not lay down any type of protective covering on the floor. The donkeys wear a special nylon shoe that protects the gym floor from being damaged. The shoes are non-scuffing so no black marks will be left on the floor. Please refer to clause two of our contract for more information.
- Question: Do we have to provide a stable or hay for the donkeys?
- Answer: No. Our units are equipped with hay and grain for the donkeys. If, on the rare occasion, we are short on hay or straw we will contact you in advance. The donkeys will require water after the game. Our trucks are equipped with buckets to carry water from a hose or faucet to the donkeys.
- Question: What if we have to cancel our event?
- Answer: Notify our office as soon as possible. Cancellations due to severe weather will be re-scheduled as soon as possible. Cancellation of an event thirty days prior to the show date is permitted upon written notification stating the reason for cancellation, without penalty. If the sponsor does cancel within thirty days of the set date, Buckeye reserves the right to charge the sponsor a cancellation fee in the amount of $450.00.
- Question: Where do I send my contract and registration fee?
- Answer: Buckeye Donkey Ball LLC
P.O. Box 10306
Columbus, Ohio 43201
- Question: Where do I send my post game payment?
- Answer: Buckeye Donkey Ball, LLC.
11790 Burro Ln.
Orient, Ohio 43146
- Question: What if I am unable to return my contract and registration fee within the required seven business days?
- Answer: Please contact our office via telephone or email to save your date.